Home Buyers Inspection
Purchasing a new home is undoubtedly one of the most exciting moments of your life. It can also be one of the scariest and stressful times. That is where we come in. At About Your Home Inspection, Inc. we ease some of the stress involved in the home buying process and we will make sure that your new home inspection experience is worth your time and money. Our goal is to provide the home buyer with ‘Peace of Mind’ by providing the information necessary to make educated decisions about buying their next home.
The benefits of hiring About Your Home Inspection are:
- Know exactly what you’re buying whether it is a historic home or recent construction.
- Know which items in the home should be repaired before you buy it and which items are maintenance items that you will be responsible to fix.
- Learn some useful tips on maintaining your home.
Pre-purchase inspections are the most common type of inspection and are normally performed within five days of signing a contract for purchase. This inspection is designed to give a home buyer an indication of the ‘true condition’ of a home they are purchasing. To do this we inspect every aspect of the interior and exterior components of your home.
- Grading & landscaping and their effects on the foundation.
- The general condition of siding, trim, windows and storms/screens.
- The condition of roof, chimney, flashings, and any other roof items.
- The condition of gutters & downspouts and their effectiveness.
- Driveway, patio, deck, porch and sidewalk conditions.
- Condition of air conditioner condenser unit.
- The general condition of walls, floors, ceilings, windows, and doors.
- All visible fixtures, pipes, valves, and drains in the plumbing system tested or inspected for operation and installation.
- Electrical System including service entrance wiring, service panel, and visible wiring inspected. Random testing of outlets.
- Furnace and components operated and checked for proper sequencing, cleanliness, improper maintenance or the lack of maintenance.
- Inspect the attic for damage to visible roof sheeting & framing, and for proper ventilation & insulation.
- Foundation for defects and evidence of moisture penetration.
At About Your Home Inspection, Inc., the cost of a pre-purchase home inspection is determined by many factors including square footage, age, the presence of multiple HVAC systems and whether there is a basement or crawl space.
Once you sign that contract on the home of your dreams be sure to call our office to place your order for ‘Peace of Mind’ and to request a price quote for your home.
About Your Home Inspection, Inc. has been providing 5 Star Home Inspections, Buyer’s Inspection, Certified Move In Ready, Warranty Inspection, Maintenance Inspection and Radon Testing to home buyers and home sellers in the following areas of Northwest Suburb of Chicago, Huntley, Algonquin, Carpentersville, Barrington, Lake Zurich, Cary, Crystal Lake, Harmony, Elgin and the surrounding areas since 2006.
When you or someone you know needs the services of a quality home inspection company, we would truly appreciate you thinking of us. You can schedule right from our website or call our office (847) 669-9040. Thank You.