Buying a new house is a very exciting event in everyone’s life. Perhaps you have been looking forward to buying your own home for quite some time now, which makes it even more spectacular. However, a buying a new home can become a nightmare if not done right. In fact, if you are clueless about what to pay attention to, you might find yourself in a home that is completely different than what you expected. Or worse, you have to fix so many things, that you run out of cash fast. See buyer’s home inspection.
Such things can easily be avoided with the right kind of preparation. Whether you are new to the game, or a more experienced buyer, it is always a wise decision to perform a home inspection before signing the contract. Most home buyers have no idea about the construction of a home or the components it consist of. Home Inspector Huntley IL can create a home inspection report based on a certain checklist; however, what is being checked can vary from one state to the other. The home inspection checklist also depends on the inspector itself and the association he belongs to.
Nonetheless, there are things that most inspectors will always check. Whether you are buying a home or selling one, below you will find a basic overview of a home inspection checklist, so you are able to prepare yourself accordingly.
- In most states, the first thing that is being checked are the structural elements of a house. This includes the ceilings, construction of the walls, the roof and also the foundation.
- Next, the exterior is evaluated. Home inspectors frequently analyze the state of wall coverings, drainage systems, fences, sidewalks and other important elements right outside of the home.
- The roof and the attic are also checked on most occasions. This includes the framing, the construction of the roof, gutters and any present ventilation.
- Home inspection also includes the identification of plumbing issues, such as pipe materials, faucets, toilets, vent pipes and more. Do note that the sewer is not always inspected.
- Water heaters, furnaces, chimneys, sprinkler systems and air conditioning is checked as a part of systems and components inspection.
- Next, the electrical system in the house is checked, including the types of wires, grounding, main panel and more.
- Appliances such as dishwashers, oven, garbage disposal and more are checked during a home inspection.
- Lastly, the garage is checked, including the walls, ceiling, doors, lights and more.
Be aware that home inspections do not cover everything. It might be wise therefore, to hire our own contractor if you want to be completely sure about everything. Lastly, as a buyer, you need to be aware of the fact that a home inspection report that does give you information about the exact state every component of the house is in. It should however tell you if there are any problems that need to be fixed. Always do your own due diligence.
All About Huntley Home Inspector
Your Premier Huntley Home Inspection Company | Let this experienced About Your Home Inspection company help keep you from buying The Money Pit. We’ll alert you to any and all health or safety issues and maintenance needs of the home you’re looking to buy.
About Your Home Inspection will be your home buying or selling advocate! We are committed to providing you with outstanding service. We’re highly experienced and extremely thorough. If you’re looking to buy or sell in the Huntley area, we can help!
Owned and operated by inspection specialist, Dave Novalinski. Dave prides himself in being committed to following high standards and providing professional service to all of the customers .
Safety, Security and Peace Of Mind” ~ About Your Home Inspection!