About Your Home Maintenance Inspection
Maintenance inspections are great tools for homeowners that already live in their home and would like to know its true condition. Some people don’t realize (or don’t want to admit) that as a home ages, it changes. No matter how much maintenance is performed, changes occur. Many times those changes are minor and easily fixed. If these issues are not addressed, they may escalate to major repairs that require larger dollar amounts.
Here is a list of some areas of your home on which we focus our attention and needs home inspection maintenance:
- Grading & landscaping and their effects on the foundation.
- General condition of siding, trim, windows and storms/screens.
- Condition of roof, chimney, flashings, and any other roof items.
- Condition of gutters & downspouts and their effectiveness.
- Driveway, patio, deck, porch and sidewalk conditions.
- Condition of air conditioner condenser unit.
- General condition of walls, floors, ceilings, windows and doors.
- All visible fixtures, pipes, valves, and drains in the plumbing system tested or inspected for operation and installation.
- Electrical System including service entrance wiring, service panel, and visible wiring inspected. Random testing of outlets.
- Furnace and components operated and checked for proper sequencing, cleanliness, improper maintenance or the lack of maintenance.
- Inspect the attic for damage to visible roof sheeting & framing, and for proper ventilation & insulation.
- Foundation for defects and evidence of moisture penetration.
As you can see, a maintenance inspection is an in depth look at the condition of every aspect of your home. Our inspector inspects your home as if it were his own. Major emphasis is placed on safety. Safety of You and Your Family. Issues that have been overlooked since you moved into your home. During the inspection, we also point out which areas of your home require periodic maintenance. We assess the condition of the home’s systems and give you a better understanding of the required type and amount of maintenance required. We look in places you don’t normally look. We enter areas of your home you may have never been.
If you are interested in learning the true condition of your home or if you have any questions about this inspection or any other service we offer, call our office.
About Your Home Inspection, Inc. has been providing 5 Star Home Inspections, Pre-purchase Inspections, Pre-list Inspections, New Construction Phase Inspections, Maintenance Inspections, Radon Testing and Mold Testing to home buyers and home sellers in the following areas of Northwest Suburb of Chicago, Huntley, Algonquin, Carpentersville, Barrington, Lake Zurich, Cary, Crystal Lake, Harmony, Elgin and the surrounding areas since 2006.
When you or someone you know needs the services of a quality home inspection company, we would truly appreciate you thinking of us. You can schedule right from our website or call our office (847) 669-9040. Thank You.