Pre-list inspections are really beginning to gain popularity. With any market conditions, it makes sense to do everything possible to get an advantage over other homes on the market. A pre-list inspection is the perfect way to get that Leg Up.
A pre-list inspection is virtually the same as a pre-purchase inspection except for the timing. This inspection is normally performed before or in conjunction with listing the home on the market. This gives the seller an unbiased, in-depth look at their house by a licensed professional. By accomplishing this before the home is listed, it gives the seller a chance to address any issues that are found before the home goes under contract. It shows a potential buyer that the seller has gone the extra mile to make sure they are selling a quality home.
Below is a summed up list of what we look at during our inspection.
- Exterior Components
- Grading & landscaping and their effects on the foundation.
- General condition of siding, trim, windows and storms/screens.
- Condition of roof, chimney, flashings, and any other roof items.
- Condition of gutters & downspouts and their effectiveness.
- Driveway, patio, deck, porch and sidewalk conditions.
- Condition of air conditioner condenser unit.
- Interior Components
- General condition of walls, floors, ceilings, windows and doors.
- All visible fixtures, pipes, valves and drains in the plumbing system tested or inspected for proper operation and installation.
- Electrical System including service entrance wiring, service panel and visible wiring inspected. Random testing of outlets.
- Furnace and components operated and checked for proper sequencing, cleanliness, improper maintenance or the lack of maintenance.
- Inspect the attic for damage to visible roof sheeting & framing, and for proper ventilation & insulation.
- Foundation for defects and evidence of moisture penetration.
- You should be prepared for the inspection to last upwards of two hours depending on the size, age and general condition of the home.
Even if the buyers decide to get their own inspection, you will have the confidence going into contract negotiations knowing the home you are selling does not have any hidden secrets.
What Benefits Do a Pre-Listing Home Inspection Offer
Your Premier Huntley Home Inspection Company | Let this experienced About Your Home Inspection company help keep you from buying The Money Pit. We’ll alert you to any and all health or safety issues and maintenance needs of the home you’re looking to buy.
About Your Home Inspection will be your home buying or selling advocate! We are committed to providing you with outstanding service. We’re highly experienced and extremely thorough. If you’re looking to buy or sell in the Huntley area, we can help!
Owned and operated by inspection specialist, Dave Novalinski. Dave prides himself in being committed to following high standards and providing professional service to all of the customers .
Safety, Security and Peace Of Mind” ~ About Your Home Inspection!