Home is where the heart is, and for most of us, it’s where they feel most safe. However for little ones, the home just isn’t as safe and sound as you might presume. Truthfully, you may be astounded to discover that 3.5 million little children go to the emergency room yearly for wounds which occur within homes.
Some parents are unintentionally putting their kids at risk by making common mistakes at home. As an illustration, parents claim they are worried with regards to fire safety and 96 percent document they have a smoke alarm system, however 14 percent never check out their smoke alert battery, based on “Report to the Nation: Protecting Children in Your Home,” from Safe Kids Worldwide and Nationwide.
“Parents can’t anticipate a tragedy can occur to them, but it takes place very often,” says Kate Carr, president and CEO of Safe Kids Worldwide. “Sadly, 2,200 kids pass away from an injury in the home every year. The great thing is that we know just how to prevent these accidents and parents may take simple measures in order to protect their children.”
Safe Kids Worldwide partnered along with Nationwide and its Make Safe Happen program to aid households make small children secure in the home. “We know parents desire to take care of their kids,” said Terrance Williams, Nationwide’s Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer. “It’s our hope that from bringing this information to family members and health care providers, we are able to help them give protection to what matters most.”
10 Easy Home Safety Advices That Might Save Your Youngster’s Life
- Always make sure that there’s a operating smoke alarm system and carbon monoxide alarm on each and every level of your home, especially close to sleeping areas. Examine the batteries per month.
- Create and workout a home fire-escape technique with your family. Know two ways out of every room in the instance of a fire.
- Provide kids your full as well as undivided focus while they are in and around water. Simply 1 percent of parents list drowning as a concern, according to the Safe Kids report, and yet weekly a young child dies from drowning within a bath tub.
- For younger children, use safety gateways at the very top as well as bottom part of the stairs, fixing them to the wall if at all possible.
- At all times keep cribs free from toys and soft bed sheets, and be sure that babies sleep alone, lying on their backs, and in a crib every time they sleep. For little ones below the age of 1, suffocation is the primary reason
behind injury-related death.
- Have all medicine up as well as away, from children’s reach and sight. Consider places in which young children get into medicine, like in purses, on counter tops and also on nightstands.
- Keep (blank) household cleaning solutions, liquid laundry packets and other toxic products away from kid’s reach and sight. Use cabinet locks to prevent children from getting into items that may cause them harm.
- Keep the Poison Help line number in your cellphone and place it in your house where anybody find it easily in an an emergency: 1-800-222-1222.
- Secure flat-panel Television by installing them to the wall and set box-style TVs on a low, stable furniture piece.
- Properly mount window guards or stops that will help avert falls from windows. Each year, 3,300 kids are harmed by falling out of a window, however 70 percent of parents state they have never used window guards or halts that prevent these falls.
How to Make your Home Safe for Kids
Your Premier Huntley Home Inspection Company | Let this experienced About Your Home Inspection company help keep you from buying The Money Pit. We’ll alert you to any and all health or safety issues and maintenance needs of the home you’re looking to buy.
About Your Home Inspection will be your home buying or selling advocate! We are committed to providing you with outstanding service. We’re highly experienced and extremely thorough. If you’re looking to buy or sell in the Huntley area, we can help!
Owned and operated by inspection specialist, Dave Novalinski. Dave prides itself in being committed to following high standards and providing professional service to all of our customers .
Safety, Security and Peace Of Mind” ~ About Your Home Inspection!